Sunday 2 December 2012

The story of G


From day one, G was going to be a force to be reckoned with! Born a year to the date that I had my car crash, after a few pregnancy hiccups... in a somewhat dramatic entrance, G entered the world and continues to enrich our lives with a force similar to a windy  weather phenomenon!
G was a small slight baby, she had breathing issues, by issues I mean she used to stop!! Scared the hell out of me but she got better and chubbier  and by 10months she was doing things like this...

G never crawled, she bumbed along which is actually much worse than crawling because not only could she now cover a lot of ground at impressive speed, she also had two free hands. That, coupled with her 'I'm going to do this just because I can' streak,  meant that very often clothes might end up in the pots and pans drawer, shoes in the toilet, toys in the coal bucket etc...


 Luckily, that phase passed once she started walking and climbing but unfortunately that meant that she could reach the really important stuff..i.e. stuff she wasn't allowed at! This was when she discovered new phrases like 'make up' and 'I is pretty now'; that kind of mentality leads to things like this....


There is a whopper of a stubborn streak in G as well which drives me, her dad and her long suffering older sister (who also inherited the dramatic gene!), almost to distraction! But amidst the chaos that G leaves in her wake there is an air of humour (mainly because if I don't laugh I may cry!). There are the kindest little actions and she loves her 'big sista' dearly. She has perfected the art of saying..'I so sorry' ..with her little lisp, hence she does get away with some things.
Almost 3 years old now she idolises 'her big sista ..EM-AY' (a made up name but its sticking!!).She has recently taken to copying/repeating what EMAY says, to the utter annoyance of EMAY!  But when they get along it brings a tear to my eye, when they don't it also brings a tear to my eye, I spend most of my time crying these days! 
What a pair, my girls, EMAY didn't get the little doll that she expected G to be, and G got everything she wanted in a big sista.. Kind and loving with lots of toys, easily wound up and reacts perfectly to situations caused by G and to the amusement of G!!
 However, I do believe the tables will turn, and god help us then, when EMAY retakes the drama queen throne...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw G sounds like a little hurricane, you just wait till EMAY reaches teens.. I have 2 teenage drama queens and it ain't all fun and laughter

Firefly Phil said...

Just cuddle both of them, lots and lots, while you can!